Barry Robinson is widely regarded as one of the highest level and most uniquely talented/experienced boxing for combat sports coaches in the world today. Founder of his own systemised approach to coaching, a million styles boxing (AMSB), he has won fans globally for many years through his unparalleled ability in teaching athletes from any martial art how to box at world level. Controlling the fight is an absolute must have ability for any fighter wanting to win on a consistent basis as an amateur or professional.
Barry has worked on fight camps with some of the world’s best fighters from a whole range of different martial arts/combat sports including the likes of Fedor Emileanenko, Jose Aldo, Cris Cyborg, Sitthichai Sitsongpeenong, Artur Kyshenko and many, many more.
Alongside his fight preparation and coaching, he is also truly outstanding at film study and fight/fighter breakdowns. This combination of skills puts him in demand the world over to take part in the training of champion athletes from Boxing, MMA, Muay Thai and Kickboxing.
This Video Includes:
- The Locche Drill. A framework for developing the same defensive mastery that earned Nicolino Locche the nickname “The Untouchable”.
- Balancing Space. How to go from striking range to non-striking range and back again fluidly whilst fighting.
- Understanding Southpaw. How to not only train southpaw and to change stance but to understand the inherent weaknesses this style must watch out for.
- Base as a Weapon. Drills to ensure you can control the fight moving, defending and attacking in any direction from any stance.
- Right Brain, Left Brain. How to develop world class co-ordination and footwork simply from repeated drilling the correct methods whilst training.
- Neutral Stance. A systematic approach to ensuring you no longer think about one stance over another. Mastering positional responses to dominate at every point.
- Manipulating Movement. How to use attacks from one stance to force an opponent to walk into big shots from your opposite stance as they try to escape.
- What is Control. An in-depth look a huge variety of different controls such as hand, arm and head so that you can physically man-handle any size of opponent.
- Wall Work. A complete framework on how to use any wall, beam or post to take your training to the next level.
- Subtle Switches. How to combine controls and footwork to subtly change stances mid attack in order to create optimum angles for shots.
- Float like a Butterfly. Drills to ensure your mobility is fluid whilst retaining the ability to cause damage at any given time in the fight.
- Elite Bag Work. How to use multiple bags to develop different styles, rhythms and movement whilst training for high level fights.
- And much more….
In this tutorial, he goes through step by step, a whole manner of amazing coaching content, knowledge and drills he personally likes to utilise regularly with the world class fighters he trains – The Locche Drill, Training Southpaw, World Class Base, Subtle Switching, Neutral Stance, Controlling the Fight, Physical Movement and Elite Bag Work.
So, whether you are looking to take your own personal game to the next level or want to develop further as a coach, you will find this volume of work indispensable.